Monday 8 June 2009

The three week USA trip begins

Howdy all,

I write this from the Philadelphia lounge of the very good people at US airways. This is the airline that compensated us for booting 7 of us off their flight from Manchester to San Francisco last year and putting us all on a better flight and upgraded us to first class flight. No wonder all the airlines are losing money. I have used these vouchers to fund a three week trip around the States. I have 4 hours to kill here, and due to the fact that I am picking a car up in 7 hours, I am unable to get smashed, so I thought I'd take this opportunity to do my first blog of the trip!

The past week has been fun. Cazzie, as a surprise early birthday present to me, bought tickets to see We Will Rock You, the musical based on the music from Queen, at the Palace Theatre in Manchester. I have always wanted to go and see this, but envisaged I would have to go to London or Vegas to do so. My parents saw the show in Vegas and said it was brilliant.

I really had no idea what it was about, but needless to say, it was fantastic. Great music, funny and a good, albeit bizarre storyline. I can highly recommend going to see it, but it has sadly come to the end of it's run in Manchester, so London or Vegas it will have to be!!! I think one of the surprise highlights of the show was the performance from Curly Watts!! The whole thing was excellent and we both thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.


So we await our transfer to Dallas or the Big D as it is commonly referred to. Only have 2 full days here as and we are trying to cram a lot of stuff in. We want to visit a ranch (perhaps Southfork from the hit US show Dallas), go see the 6th Floor Museum to find out about President John F. Kennedy's assassination that took place in Dallas on the 22nd November 1963, eat and drink at the Big D's numerous bars and head West towards Fort Worth, where the strap line is "Cowboys and Culture".

Before I finish I would just like to compare the meals Cazzie and I had on the plane. Guess which one I was served with??










See you in Dallas!!

Lots of Love

Stuoobs

x

1 comments:

Rabbi Burnes. said...

Was just thinking about you this morning and my lack of response to your email. Perhaps it is too late, perhaps not. I know a bit about Boston, but I have a feeling it might not be enough for you. Actually its MORE THAN A FEELING.......

Post a Comment